I had an opportunity to sit down with one man who has been in church ministry for over 50 years. His name is Bishop Ezekiel Guti. As we were talking I asked him how he had managed to achieve so much over the years and build a ministry in almost every nation on the earth. I thought I was going to get a big lecture. No. His answer was so simple “It’s in the book” He then explained that I must read his book. He then said something anecdotal : ” If you want to hide anything from an African, hide it in the book” If you are reading this, let this not be your portion.
I was reminded how in my early years as a young employee, entrepreneur and philanthropist Econet founder Dr Strive Masiyiwa once shared with me ” a leader is a reader” and how we must have a thirst for knowledge.
A few points to reflect on:
1. Everyone has a right to not have a degree, but no one has a right not to have an education
2. Learning gives your life a multi-trajectory of opportunities
3. You can’t lead beyond your skillset and knowledge set
4. You can’t lead beyond your ability to learn
5. Your learning power determines your earning power