In the last blog I shared about the Passover Stage where you need to go out of present limiting circumstances. Its not enough to ‘go out’, you must ‘go under’ in the second stage – the Makeover stage. If you have watched the TV show “Extreme Makeover” you may have a some idea of what this stage is about.
Your mind-set determines your life-set. To upgrade your life you need to upgrade your mind. You may come out of the village, but it’s also important for the village to come out of you. Your mind needs to go under some transformation. Jesus did a bit of ‘surgery’ on the man’s eyes laying hands and spitting on them. Some scales which were blinding the man had to come off so he could see clearly. Once you come out of the village you need to do a mental and physical makeover. When the children of Israel left Egypt they were used to being slaves. In the wilderness God wanted to get Egypt out of them and change their slavery mindset. You cannot continue to wear village clothes in town; neither can you walk like you used to do in the fields. Change your style!
There are simple physical and mental makeover tips to consider:
- Know your true value – your value is not in things or people. Its made up of your self-concept (how you SEE yourself) and self-esteem (what you THINK about yourself)
- Based on how you see and think about yourself – don’t talk yourself down. Have positive affirmations about yourself such as “I am a success, I am a champion…and more”
- Change your talk – your talk determines who listens to you. Your language locates you. Your life follows the character of your words.
- Change your wardrobe. Dress the way you wanted to be addressed
- Change the way you carry yourself. There are so many grooming experts who can coach you on ettiquette and deportment
- Set high standards for yourself – reject mediocrity and pursue excellence
Mental transformation is a key element in the journey towards achieving lasting success in life. Without a complete mental makeover you will not be ready to Crossover and Takeover…to be continued…/